Blended TPW Products
Ross Van Til - Forecast Decision Training Branch
This session covers the Blended TPW (total precipitable water), and Percent of Normal TPW products that became available with the AWIPS version released in February 2009 (OB9), then were enhanced in September 2011. Data sources used for these blended TPW products will be identified. Also, the presentation of these products in AWIPS will be illustrated, as well as the current AWIPS display limitations. Finally, basic operational uses of blended TPW products will be identified.
- Identify data sources used for Blended TPW products
- Understand presentation of products in AWIPS
- Become aware of current AWIPS display limitations
- Recognize basic operational uses of Blended TPW products
This is a basic course. There are no prerequisites.
Training Session Options
LMS students - to begin the training, use the web-based video or audio playback options below (if present for this session).
- Web-based video that can be taken at anytime (streamed, not recommended for low-bandwidth users). Be sure to have your speakers on and the volume loud enough to hear the presentation. For students who initiated this course in the NWS Learning Center (LMS), certificates of completion can be obtained from the learning center's "My Transcript" page upon completion of the associated quiz.
- NESDIS Operational Blended TPW Products
- Kidder and Jones, 2005: A Blended Satellite Total Precipitable Water Product for Operational Forecasting
- Developed: 2009 / Updated 2012