The primary objective of the SHyMet for forecasters course is to build upon previous basic building blocks offered in the SHyMet for interns course. The level of difficulty is generally greater than that for the SHyMet for interns course, also, there is a diverse set of training topics.
Although the SHyMet for forecasters course builds off ideas covered in the SHyMet for interns course, the interns course is NOT a prerequisite to this course. We invite all forecasters to participate in the forecasters course. Individual training sessions from the interns course may be taken (as opposed to the entire course) to review various content.
- 1. Obtain a broader perspective of remote sensing applications to hydrology.
- 2. Tune the forecaster to the background environment in interpretation of satellite imagery. Also, how to apply feature identification to forecast / warning operations.
- 3. Applied tropical cyclone applications using satellite imagery.
- 4. Satellite cloud climatology applications to forecast operations.
- 5. Introduction to future satellite capabilities and how they relate to current capabilities.
- 6. Customer driven applications related to various hazards.